Wednesday 4 May 2016

Annette Lambeth - Be Determined

 
In life you have to be determined if you want succeed: determination is what pushes you to do the best that you can do no matter what the circumstances. I have always been an extremely determined individual and I have always worked hard to make my dreams a reality. From an early age, I was interested in the idea of education as a system, a mechanism in place that allows people to broaden their minds, pursue their dreams, and even better their economic circumstances. I wanted to be part of this grand scheme and so I worked hard and devoted myself to my studies and then eventually went on to study Educational Administration and Leadership at Immaculata University where I later attained a 4.0 GPA. It was fascinating to be able to study education as a discipline and career choice, and to look back on the history of schooling systems, areas where they had strength and areas that people wanted to improve. My time at Immaculata University simply increased my determination to make education my career and to make a positive difference to the lives of the people that I encountered.

At Immaculata University I experienced the academic side of things: I gained a broad understanding of educational theory and history and also the logistical know-how necessary to manage large systems, solving bureaucratic difficulties. The time that I spent in this institution was absolutely necessary and taught me essential things and after I graduated, I immediately decided to put my knowledge to use and set out on the career that would define my professional life. Every step of the way, I clung onto the determination that had first motivated me to make this my choice. Determination was what pushed me to work harder than everybody else and to stay awake in the library long after most driven people had given up. I always felt as though there was something more to do, something else to be discovered, and I wanted to experience my life as something that could help other people and transform their lives. Determination is a characteristic of my personality of which I am proud and I believe that it is my determination that has allowed me to realize my dream of being an educational administrator, helping children to realize their potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment