Wednesday 4 May 2016

Annette Lambeth - Why Education is Important


I have always understood the importance of education and as a result of this understanding has always been the sort of person who applies themselves whole-heartedly to every situation in which I finds herself. Education has always been a particular passion of mine and this is reflected in my early life and the dedication with which I approached my own studies. From an early age, I understood that an education was everything: an education symbolized a pathway into a whole different future and was the pivot on which my dreams rested. I worked hard in school and devoted myself to my studies and by means of this achieved the necessary grades to get into the university of my choice. From Day One, I knew that the foundations I laid down as a young person would be what would allow me to follow my dreams and passions in my adult life.

I studied Educational Administration and Leadership at Immaculata University because I realized that my passions lay in this area: I wanted to communicate a sense of just how important an early education was to children who might not have had the same opportunities and it was this impulse that led me to accept a place on this course. I loved my studies and Immaculata University as a whole: I felt like I was on the way to achieving my dreams and making the world a better place for everybody else. I have always believed that education is one of the most essential steps in a childs development and I think it is a tragedy just how many vulnerable children slip through the school system I believed that something had to be done to help these people and I wanted to be part of that positive change. I applied myself and worked hard at university and then graduated with a 4.0 GPA of which I am very proud. The things that I learned at Immaculata University have stayed with me to the present day and I made many invaluable friends during my time there.

After graduating, I went back into the educational system but this time as an administrator. I wanted to use the skills that I had developed in order to refine the system and to improve it for everybody, helping children in need of a good education. Education is the most important thing that we can give to generations beneath us: the things they learn when they are young shape the people that they become. I am proud to be part of the educational system.

No comments:

Post a Comment